Being verified on Instagram is a great way to build your presence and establish yourself as an authority in your field. But with the process being so convoluted and difficult to navigate, it’s easy to become overwhelmed. That’s why we’ve compiled this comprehensive guide covering everything from creating a solid profile to submitting a verification request. So you can ensure you have all the proper steps down and get that coveted blue checkmark!
What is Instagram Verification?
Instagram verification is the process of verifying the authenticity of an Instagram account. Instagram requires proof that you are who you say you are and that your Account represents a natural person, business, or entity.
You will see a blue checkmark next to your username if your Account is verified. This badge helps people know that they can trust the content coming from your Account.
Instagram can be verified in a few different ways. The most common method is to apply to the Instagram Help Center. You will need to provide some basic information about yourself or your business and some documentation to prove your identity.
Another way to get verified is to be a public figure, celebrity, or brand with a large audience. If Instagram determines that your Account meets its verification criteria, they may contact you directly to verify your Account.
The verification process can take a few weeks, so be patient while waiting for a response from Instagram. In the meantime, keep up with best practices for maintaining a high-quality Instagram account.
Benefits of Being Verified on Instagram
If you’re an influencer, business owner, or public figure, you’ve probably considered getting verified on Instagram. And for a good reason- being verified has several benefits that can help you grow your brand and reach a wider audience.
Some of the benefits of being verified on Instagram include the following:
-Instagram has over 800 million active monthly users, making it one of the largest social media platforms. And since verified accounts have a blue checkmark next to their name, they’re more likely to appear in search results and be noticed by potential new followers.
-More engagement: Research has shown that verified accounts receive more likes, comments, and followers than non-verified accounts. This is likely because users perceive verified accounts as more credible and trustworthy.
-Access to special features: Verified accounts have access to special features that non-verified accounts don’t, such as adding links to Stories and running ads. These features can benefit businesses promoting their products or services on Instagram.
Keep in mind the many benefits of getting verified on Instagram. You could see a significant increase in your reach and engagement levels.
How to Get Verified on Instagram
A business or creator account is required to get verification on Instagram. Instagram accounts can be personal, business, or both.
To switch to a business or creator account:
- Go to your profile and tap.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Account.
- Tap Switch to Professional Account.
- Select Business or Creator.
- Follow the prompts to connect your Facebook Page or create a new one.
If you still need to get a Facebook Page for your business or brand, you can create one when you switch to a professional account.
- Enter additional information about your business or brand, then tap Done (iPhone) or Next (Android).
Once you have a business or creator account, there are a few more steps you’ll need to take before you can apply for verification:
- Make sure your profile is public.
- Connect your Instagram account to a Facebook page representing your business or brand (you must be an admin of that Page).
Tips and Best Practices for Verification
To increase your chances of being verified on Instagram, you should do the following:
- Make sure your profile is public. If it’s set to private, only people who follow you can see your content, and Instagram is less likely to verify a private account.
- Use high-quality photos and videos in your posts. This shows that you’re serious about creating great content and that your Account is worth verifying.
- Use popular hashtags in your posts so that more people can discover your content. Hashtags like #verifyme or #instagramverified are often used by people hoping to get verified, so using them can help the Instagram team find you.
- Include a link to your website or social media accounts in your bio. This helps show that you’re a natural person or business with an online presence outside of Instagram.
- Regularly interact with other users on the platform. Like and comment on their photos and videos, and follow any accounts that interest you. This helps show that you’re an active member of the community rather than just someone who wants to be verified for the sake of it.
Commonly Asked Questions about Instagram Verification
- What is Instagram verification?
- How do I get verified on Instagram?
- What are the benefits of being verified on Instagram?
- Is there a downside to being verified on Instagram?
- Instagram verification is an official process that allows users to verify their identity and authenticity. This process is designed to help protect users from impersonation and other fraudulent activity.
- If you want to get verification on Instagram, apply the platform’s verification form. On your profile page, you will see a blue badge next to your name once your application has been approved.
- Some benefits of being verified on Instagram include increased visibility, credibility, and reach. Verified users can also access particular features, such as adding links to their Stories.
- There is no downside to being verified on Instagram; however, it’s important to note that not all users will be eligible for verification. If your Account does not meet the criteria for verification, you may still be able to build a successful presence on the platform without a blue badge
Alternatives to Getting an Instagram Blue Checkmark
There are a few alternatives to getting an Instagram blue checkmark that can help you verify your Account and make it more trustworthy for potential followers. One alternative is to get verified through Instagram’s Authorized Applications process. You’ll need an established presence on the platform with a large following and consistent activity to do this. You can also try third-party verification services like VerifyMeNow or MyVerifiedSite. These companies will verify your Account for a fee and provide you with a badge or mark to display on your profile. Finally, you can create a verified badge using Photoshop or other design software.
Verifying your Instagram account adds credibility and authority to your profile. With the proper steps, you can make it easier for yourself to become verified by Instagram. From creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience to understanding how the verification process works and what documents are needed, we’ve covered all the essential details in this article. Our guide has given you valuable insight into getting verified on Instagram and enabled you to take one step closer to being an official blue checkmark!